Sunday 12 April 2020

Happy Easter & KT Miniatures Archive Now Back Up!

Happy Easter to you all. 


I hope that you are all OK and staying safe. What a strange Easter holiday weekend it is for all of us this year? But if you are stuck for something to do, then I have something for the miniaturists amongst you to while away a few more minutes of our "lockdown" time:)

I am pleased to say that I have managed to make a good start on KT Miniatures' Archive section which has remained blank for too long, although it is going to take many more hours to complete in its entirety. For quickness and ease I have created separate sections within the Archive, such as Magazine Articles, Old Dolls House Sections, Commissions, etc. 

Here is a taster of what you can see on KT Miniatures' Archive section so far...

"The Old Curiosity Shop In A Book" was made for a "how to make article" for Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine, way back in 2012. 
Remember the Bertha (Penrose) & Ralph Wright Collection - with connections to the Bloomsbury set, with all the handmade, hand painted and unusual carved pieces of furniture?
Or how about the rare collection of four c1920s Beatrice Hindley plants? These were found by a lady from up north in a box of china that she had bought at auction. 
Remember this Victorian seaside scene I made as a joint project for Dolls House & Miniatures Scene Magazine with my old "Nostalgia In Miniature Workshop" colleague and great mate Robin Britton (formerly of Coombe Crafts but now retired). This was made 7 years ago now...can't believe it! Click on the Play button to view the YouTube video of how the project was made from beginning to end. But please note that our Nostalgia In Miniature Workshops closed its doors in 2016. 
This was a commission undertaken many years ago now, of a hospital scene based in World War 2 at Christmas, inside an old cabinet. Was great fun to do. 

This was another commission of a 1930s General Stores. I had to undertake a great deal of research on the packaging, which proved quite challenging to create, but the customer was very pleased with the result. 
And here is another joint project that I made with Robin Britton, for a "how to make project" that appeared over a couple of  2012 issues of the Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine. It was sold in a sealed bid auction to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Campaign charity. If you click on the Play button above, you will see an old promotional video that was created for this at that time. 

These are just some of the items that you can see in KT Miniatures Archive and I am planning to continue adding to it over the next few days. To view the Archive Page, please click on the following link to view:

Meanwhile, continue to stay safe everyone, in these difficult times.
Celia X

4 comments:

Robin said...

Brilliant post Celia - I loved seeing the Bertha Penrose furniture and Beatrice Hindley exquisite plants again. All the projects you've done over the years have been fantastic and it's great to see some again.

A huge treat of course to see the Victorian Seaside and 'Frosty' once more in the super videos - what fun we had creating those and many others - I'm very proud of them. Also the fact that they helped to raise funds for important charities.
Take care
Robin x

KT Miniatures said...

We had a lot of fun creating all those magazine and workshop projects together Robin, didn't we! I am enjoying going through all my old files of photos. There are so many I won't be able to feature them all on the website, so am going to choose some of my most favourite ones. However, daughter has come back to stay during lockdown, and she is now using my desk for her work computer as she is working from here. So my plan of continually loading up projects and articles to my Archive page has slowed down now somewhat, but will try and add more when I can. Celia

elizabeth s said...

I REALLY enjoyed this retrospective post and the 2 videos were professionally done! Love the way the characters move and interact with each other in the seaside diorama! Each detail is evocative of salt air, sunshine and those "Good Old Day!
The Christmas in the hospital room makes me think of some of those black and white post war British movies I used to watch on the t.v. when I was a kid- LOTS of atmosphere and character found in each little person.
The scene with the tree and the trash was Amazing! The rotting banana peel on the ground was particularly effective- what a TEAM you and Robin made Celia, and how LOVELY to rediscover and relive some of those MANY MANY highlights!

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks Elizabeth, yes Robin and I did make a good team...what a shame she retired:) They were fun days. Celia