Wednesday 10 July 2019

A New KT Miniatures Website In The Offing....


Being a non techno' minded person, anything to do with computers, websites and well, basically technology in general, frightens me to death when problems arise.

And yep folks....KT Miniatures website is in trouble. 


Even though my current website is only 3 years old, a new website is needed and it is becoming ever more urgent due to the impending changes that "Wordpress" are bringing in which will create incompatibility issues that can no longer be ignored. 

 I'm  just going to have to grab the bull by the horns and learn a whole new method of website editing. 

A meeting is scheduled for today with a local IT company who, fingers crossed, are going to help create a new KT Miniatures website. They will need the patience of a saint!

Having listened to feedback from various sources with regards to the current website layout, I am considering changing the whole constructional format of how the antique and vintage dolls house items are displayed, in order to make it more concise and less complicated. 

However, we are still in the very early stages of discussing/planning so this is going to take quite a while to sort out.

Wish me luck!
Celia

3 comments:

Sherrill said...

It appears that your current site is on Google’s Blogger. When I created my website and blog early this year, I was advised by family members of the next generation to use Wordpress. It took a couple queries to the Wordpress “Happiness Engineers” but I was able to get it up and running on my own. The hardest part was to choose a template that had the look and functionality I envisioned. I don’t yet understand all the idiosyncrasies, but I am pleased with how it is going so far. Good luck!

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment Sherrill, is very much appreciated. This blog ie. KT Miniatures Journal, is external to KT Miniatures website and it is actually my Wordpress website: www.ktminiatures.com which is incompatible with the so called new "Gutenberg" Wordpress system that is coming in. But a new website could bring new opportunities,as the current website is rather large and complex, with far too many pages and categories. So am exploring new possibilities with the IT guy, and am quite excited about it now. Although I am well out of my comfort zone as I just don't have a technical brain. Good luck with your new website and blog, I shall go take a peek. Celia

Sherrill said...

Wow! Good luck.