Sunday 14 July 2019

A Large & Rather Lovely Antique Dolls House For Sale

Although I have moved my workroom (now lovingly called "My Studio") down to the ground floor, for logistical and practical reasons I am not really able to cope with the larger dolls houses nowadays. Mainly due to a dodgy knee and back!     

So when a "dolls house friend" of many years, sent me photos of a gorgeous large dolls house she wishes to sell, I did give it some serious consideration. But for reasons as stated above, I have had to decline in taking it on myself.  However, this house needs to be sold quickly, so I have offered to give it a mention on here, in the hope that someone reading this can give it a new home. 

And here it is in all its magnificent glory!
My friend says that she thinks it is Victorian, and is not sure if it is an old Turnbull or not. I'm not sure either. It is back opening with three floors, and measures 32 1/2 inches wide x 20 inches deep  x 38 1/2 inches tall. It is on castors apparently, which is definitely a bonus.  

It has beautiful flooring, all of which have retained their colour - possibly because they had all been covered with loose carpet previously. All papers appear to be original, inside and outside. One side will need re-papering. 
The windows are glazed with glass and there is no indication of woodworm or ever having been woodworm. 

A quick sale is needed and the friend is asking for £250 - which is a brilliant price for such an old beauty! Collection only from Orpington in Kent, as it is too large to package.

Please note this is not being sold by KT Miniatures, but if anyone is interested simply get in touch with me asap and I will put you in touch with the seller, then you can deal with her direct. 

UPDATE: APPARENTLY THIS HAS NOW BEEN SOLD AND GONE TO A NEW HOME. 

Celia

1 comment:

jenann said...

I'm not sure how I missed this, except possibly because of the strange, demanding family issues that Sent on over summer 2019, but oh, what a pleasure to see this house three months late!
Thanks so much to you and the vendor for sharing it here, Celia.