Saturday 23 February 2019

Introducing Artist Linda Bright - Painter Of 1950s/60s Vintage Dolls Houses

If you take a peek at the newly created and ever growing list of stand holders who will be attending KT Miniatures & Friends Vintage & Artisan Dolls House Fair on Saturday 12th October, then you will see the name of Linda Bright on the list. 

I first came across Linda a year or so ago, when after purchasing a tiny Romside metal door off me for a GeeBee dolls house, she sent me photos of her project fully restored. But this was no ordinary dolls house restoration, and if you CLICK HERE you will see a posting about it all. She had used images of 1950s gardens for inspiration to hand paint flowers over the frontage of a GeeBee dolls house to replace the missing flowers. 

The beauty of her painting blew me away, I had never seen anything quite like this before on a vintage dolls house, and I have been in this business a very long time! It was utterly unique and inspiring.


Well, since then Linda has gone from strength to strength and she is now described on the stand holder's list as being an artist who hand paints vintage 1950s/1960s dolls houses, seller of vintage dolls house furniture and seller of cards of her paintings. In the photo above you can see a GeeBee dolls house where Linda has painted gladioli on the front in tutti fruiti colours.  Plus you can also see one of her paintings of that very same dolls house...all rather lovely, don't you think?

Recently she purchased off KT Miniatures website the wooden back wall of an old chalet style GeeBee dolls house for another restoration project, and then subsequently emailed me photos of what she did with it. Trust me....it is absolutely beautiful and even more unique!

And here it is in all its glory!
She painted a replica GeeBee dolls house lattice window on the upper back...

and an exquisite scene on the lower half. 

Yet again, I truly have never seen anything like this before on a vintage dolls house. The enchanting little scene depicts a rabbit hutch with two pet rabbits,  a vegetable patch and even a watering, plus some wild rabbits. This really works, it seems so natural and adds real beauty to a dolls house that had seen better days. 
Linda has been clever with the frontage too and added more hand painted flowers, but this time she has created them in such a way that they appear to be growing out of window boxes.
Here you can see a fascinating work in progress image of the flowers on the front of the chalet dolls house. 

I am sure you will agree with me that Linda's work is wonderfully innovative and creative, and also so inspiring. She illustrates how one can breathe new life into old dolls houses that have seen better days and make them into an item of beauty. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Linda for allowing us to take yet another peek at her creations on here. I hope you have enjoyed seeing her work as much as I have and found the images inspiring. You can find more about Linda on her Facebook page: 

Meanwhile, if you come to KT Miniatures Vintage & Artisan Fair on Saturday October 12th, you will be able to meet Linda in person and purchase some of her beautiful work. 
Celia


6 comments:

Debbie Marshall said...

I wondered if the dol toi nurse is still available...also looking for a boy and girl dol toi dolls...any help welcome

Troy said...

Wow, she does beautiful work!

KT Miniatures said...

Linda's work really is beautiful isn't it Troy and so inspiring. The rabbit hutch and vegetable patch scene particularly is so innovative and stunning.

Debbie, thanks for stopping by. I will email you privately with regards to your enquiry.

Celia

Giac said...

Hello Celia,
How I wish I had her talent with a paintbrush. Her artwork is magnificent.
Big hug,
Giac

jenann said...

Linda's work is truly stunning. I would LOVE to have her work on Grandma Jean's and Grandpa Roland's little house. Like Giak, I wish I had her talent - or even a fraction of it.

Glad to hear your holiday lived up to expectations. Hope all goes well with family health.
J xxx

KT Miniatures said...

I wish I had Linda's talent too with a paintbrush Giac!

Jenni, yes I had a fabulous holiday and so far, we are still all ok (am touching wood as I type).
Celia X