I started restoration of this dolls house back at the beginning of August, and over the past few weeks I have been logging its journey on my Instagram account (vintagektminiatures). However, for those of you not on Instagram, I will repeat those posts on here.
My lovely antique German Christian Hacker dolls house is now out of storage & restoration has begun. Woodworm was rife though, and it has taken several treatments to sort over a considerable period of time. The many worm holes have now been filled with wood filler, so if any new holes appear I know that I will have to treat the house once again with woodworm killer.
The house is split into three floors & comprises of five separate removable sections. The very top of the roof also lifts off. All original papers are still there but some areas are in poor condition.
I have managed to erase some of the crinkles out of the papers, & found wallpaper syringes useful for that task. Hopefully furniture will help to hide some of the more damaged areas.
Above you can see the ground floor that has the kitchen, a central hall with stairs, plus dining room. Each room has a connecting opening door.
I particularly love the kitchen’s built-in dresser & range, and I think this is my favourite room at the moment.
This is the middle floor that contains two rooms with a connecting door. Each of these rooms have a back window. The left room will be my drawing room, and the right room will be an adult's bedroom.
The top floor has a further two rooms, plus a connecting door. The larger room will be another bedroom, and the smaller room will be the nursery. As you can see in above photo, there is a lift- off frontage.
Under the base you can see the model number 138/6 M written in pencil & “Made In Germany” in ink, alongside a faint Christian Hacker trademark.
There is a missing exterior door & balcony from the frontage of the second floor. Previous owner has simply replaced that missing door with a pane of glass but am currently pondering on how to reinstall a door & balcony.
Am also hoping to restore the doorbell too & get it working again if I can figure out how to! Methinks this dolls house will be one of those long term projects & I love it.
Restoration Part Two to follow shortly...
.jpeg)



.jpeg)



.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment