Tuesday 3 January 2017

Happy New Year Everyone And Let's Hope That 2017 Is A Good One! KT Miniatures Is Back Open For Business.

Happy New Year to you all, I hope that you have had a wonderful festive time. 

 Am delighted to say that as from today I'm back at my desk after the festive break, as KT Miniatures enters its 21st year of trading....yes truly!  Don't know about you, but I was glad to see the back of 2016 - it was an extremely sad and challenging year for me and my family, but life is now most definitely moving on. 

Our very first Christmas without Mr KT has been a little tough but we all still managed to have a lot of laughs. With the impending marriage of one of my sons looming rapidly on the horizon and the birth of my very first grandchild in a few months time, there is much to look forward to on the personal front. And of course, I am buzzing with ideas and full of excitement in anticipation of all the gorgeous miniature goodies that will pass through the doors of KT Miniatures this year.
 
During these past couple of weeks I have had time to reflect and you may be pleased to know that KT Miniatures is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.  I hope to be here for quite some time yet, although along with my miniaturist colleagues, we are in agreement that we can feel a definite shift in our industry, which is a little scary. Whether it is the fallout from the Brexit vote or what...who knows, time will tell.
I came across this illustration amongst my vintage ephemera as I was undertaking some sorting out a few days ago. It is titled "THE JOYS OF PARENTHOOD - BUSY MORN" and  was presented with THE SUNDAY COMPANION 1923. I thought I would share it with you... isn't it fabulous!

 I have just dipped into my inbox this morning and can see rather a lot of communication sitting there...so I am thanking everyone in advance for their patience, and I will endeavour to reply as quickly as possible.

I read somewhere just recently that life is like a bus journey. People get on and off your bus throughout your "journey"....some stay only for one or two stops, some stay a bit longer and some will stay until the very end with you... and this imagery kind of touched a chord with me. Unfortunately my bus must be one of the old vintage ones with a dodgy engine but there is always a lot of laughter on my bus no matter how bumpy the journey gets:)

So without further ado, please feel free to jump on my "bus" and lets see where it takes us in 2017.
CeliaX
www.ktminiatures.com

No comments: