Sunday 4 September 2016

An Amazing Antique Bone Bottle Complete With The Tiniest Dice I Have Ever Seen!

It's so good to be back at the helm after almost two months completely off the scene! Thanks again for all your messages...they are still coming in and I am extremely grateful.

In order to try and get back into the swing of things, I have been busy listing more antique and vintage stock to KT Miniatures website these past few days. I am delighted to say that business has been brisk and many of the new additions have already been sold, including this tiny antique turned bone bottle and the weeniest bone dice I have ever seen! So before they are despatched to the customer, I thought I would show you them on here. 
 I believe this to be of Japanese origin and it is some sort of turned animal bone in the shape of a bottle. The exterior has been decorated in a floral design, not dissimilar to some found on antique Japanese made dolls house furniture. Is difficult to know exactly how old this is but I suspect it is pretty old, probably early 1900s but the previous owner thought it could even be late 1800s. To be honest, I am not sure we will ever know?

Anyway, the bottle unscrews in half and inside there is the weeniest pair of dice  I think I have ever seen! This is truly exquisite. 
 In order to try to demonstrate how tiny the dice are, I have endeavoured to photograph them standing on the end of my forefinger!! How on earth did these not get mislaid over the years?!  The dots on the dice are either in black or red ink, and are a little random ie. not precise in places, but I think they can be forgiven...I cannot even see the dots at all without my glasses on, they are so small! The bottle stands at a height of 1 1/8" and each dice measures approx 1/16" cubed. 

The new owner is a big fan of Japanese items and these will certainly be going to a good home.

I am hoping to continue listing more antique and vintage items as and when I can, just as I used to before recent events. 
Celia

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Celia,
I am glad to see you are back at it. That bottle is fantastic. I am amazed by the accuracy of the dice.
Big hug
Giac

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks Giac - yes, the photos don't do the little bottle and dice justice. The bottle is much prettier in real life than the photos suggest. It is so good to be back. Celia