Friday 25 March 2011

Hazel's World Of Miniatures - New Little Miniature Museum!

 I would like to introduce you to a lovely lady called  Hazel Voice who I have corresponded with for quite a while now and who has just informed me of the wonderful news that she has at long last  fulfilled a dream of opening her own little miniature museum where she lives in South Africa.

Hazel opened the doors to "Hazels's World Of Miniatures" for the first time last Friday and is thrilled.


Hazel says, "After making and collecting miniatures for the last 20 odd years, I have ended up with quite a large collection. When I was given a collection of vintage miniatures, my dream of having a little miniature museum had to become a reality.


I sat on the idea for several years until I discovered KT Miniatures site and realized that my vintage miniatures are way too precious to be stuck in a cupboard.


I love the challenge of creating scenes in awkward spaces, hence most of my work is set in old mantle clock cases, hat and cigar boxes – in fact anything that is unusual.


 

I managed to persuade my husband into converting our little flatlet and the reality of ‘Hazel’s World of Miniatures’ now nestles in a sub tropical garden in Ramsgate on the South Coast of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa.


On show is a collection of hand crafted miniature scenes in the 1/12th scale, displayed in old clock cases and an array of old and new boxes, miniature houses and street scenes. Also displayed are some very rare and beautiful vintage miniatures made by Tri-ang, Pit-a-Pat, Barrett & Son and the like."



To view is by appointment only. Telephone: +27 (0)83 447 9261 or Email: hazelvoice@iafrica.com

GPS: S 30 54 13 E 30 20 18

I am sure you will join me in wishing Hazel the very best of luck with her new venture and if anyone is lucky enough to either live or visit Hazel's part of the world, do go check out her museum.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this looks wonderful, good luck Hazel

Robin said...

What a wonderful collection - best of luck to Hazel!

onbeingaminimum said...

Fabulous collection. I love the use of old clock cases.

Linda said...

oo fabulous :D good luck to hazel :D Linda x