Thursday 3 January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM KT MINIATURES ....And Let's Start With A Customer Creation!

I hope you've had a fantastic time over the Christmas and New Year holiday season...I certainly did. But now it's time to get back into the swing of things and KT Miniatures is open for business once more.


Can't quite believe that I'm embarking on my 17th year of trading as KT Miniatures....it's been quite some journey since I began back in January 1997 and hope that I can continue for a long time yet. 

Have high hopes for this year as already there are some exciting projects lined up for 2013 plus of course there is the impending Thame Dolls House & Miniatures Fair at which I will be attending....but more about that another day. 

WW1 Sweet Shop By Linda Holmes


Meanwhile, to kick off this first posting for 2013....I am delighted to tell you about an inspiring project that has been created by Linda Holmes of Dorset, a talented customer of mine, who already has her 1940s Co-operative featured on KT Miniatures Customer Gallery. She'd been telling me about this WW1 sweet shop project that she'd been working on for a while now ....and just before Christmas emailed me through some photos.


The project has been inspired by her grandparents and Linda has incorporated them into the shop characters. She has dressed the dolls herself and created some of the fixtures and fittings including many of the sweets in jars and boxes.

Linda tells me that she has tried to keep the sweets as authentic as possible, most of which are made from Fimo. I particularly love the "abandoned babies" which apparently jelly babies were once known for (I didn't know that) .......and very cleverly the liquorice sticks were made out of roots from Linda's garden!



The soldier doll who is "Grandad" was bought at the Lyndhurst fair several years ago from an artisan who called him "my handsome man". He met Linda's "Grandma" at a dance when he was home on leave from the mounted artillery and whisked her off her feet – how romantic is that!

You would never have guessed that the aristocratic lady shop customer was bought at a car boot sale and was a sad one legged thing with no clothes when Linda first set eyes on her. However she has breathed new life into her and has been dressed accordingly, having been inspired by Cora of Downton Abbey.

I think you will agree that Linda has produced something rather special with her creations!! To see the full details of this project, please click on the following link:
http://www.ktminiatures.com/WW1_Sweet_Shop

 I hope to embark on listing more vintage items onto KT Miniatures website over the next few days and also get down to some serious creating very shortly, so do watch this space!

2 comments:

Robin said...

What a talented lady!! Thanks for sharing this - love the notion of jelly babies being called 'abandoned babies'.
Rx

KT Miniatures said...

Cheers Robin.....yes, I love jelly babies but will now see them in a new light!lol Celia