Tuesday 28 May 2019

Best Birthday Present Ever!

Well, followers of KT Miniatures will know that I have been awaiting the birth of my granddaughter for weeks. She had been giving her poor mum a real hard time from day one, it had not been an easy pregnancy. There have been a few dodgy moments, particularly at 28 weeks, and we all expected her to come early. Then the due date came and went, and the days rolled by. As my mega big birthday loomed on the horizon, family and friends would titter and say that wouldn't it be funny if she was born on my 60th birthday. But then we all thought no, she would definitely come before then surely:)

Ha ha, but guess what......9 days after the due date, on the afternoon of my 60th birthday last week, little Josie was born. Mum and baby are doing just fine. So my birthday plans were slightly amended last minute, and I spent my birthday evening at the hospital cuddling little Josie. The best birthday present ever....how could anything ever top that from now on!!!

I have been undertaking extra Grandma duties for her big brother and partaking in birthday celebrations ever since, but normality has now returned and I'm back at my computer once again.  Apologies for any slight delay in replying to emails and queries.
Celia  


10 comments:

Robin said...

Just about THE perfect birthday present!! Happy birthday Grandma!
Rx

Carrie said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter. My daughter is named Josephine, Josie for short....she has been a joy for 22 years. She will be happy to know there is another Josie in the world.

Christine said...

So pleased to read your very happy news Celia, congratulations! what a perfect birthday gift xx

Troy said...

That is a great birthday present! Im glad that you are able to help out with the rest of the family. Congratulations.

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks Robin, Carrie, Christine and Troy for taking the time to comment. As you can tell, I am still a bit excited:)

Yes, she is just about THE perfect birthday present!

Carrie...little Josie was named after her other Grandmother, whose Christian name is Josephine. I know a few Josephine's, but not a Josie... I absolutely love the name!

Celia

elizabeth s said...

I am SO PLEASED for both you and your daughter on the birth of baby Josie!
Such a GREAT BLESSING and Treasured Birthday gift for your entire family
sending you My Heartfelt Congratulations, Celia! :D

The grandmommy said...

Awww she's perfect! Grandmommy hood is so much fun! Take your time with your new mini...We will be here!btw I had a cousin by that name!

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks Elizabeth, she really is a treasured birthday gift.

And thanks Grandmommy...Grandmommy hood surely is great fun:)

Celia

jenann said...

Oh, MY GOODNESS! What wonderful news. It is clearly a particularly special date in the family calendar. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL and a big welcome to little Josie.
Jenni x

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks Jenni...is hard to imagine life before little Josie came along already! Her big 2 year old brother is not quite so enamored with his little sister as everyone else though, I think it is going to be a while before he gets used to having her around:) but Celia X