Saturday 9 March 2019

How Whacky Is This - Dolls Houses Hanging From The Ceiling!

A friend has just sent over some photos that she took whilst visiting a vintage clothing shop in Manchester (UK), and for some reason she said that she immediately thought of me! Ha ha...I wonder why?


Apparently several old dolls houses were literally hanging down from the ceiling on chains, some of the houses had holes cut out the bottom?  There are definitely one or two vintageTri-ang dolls houses up there, plus at least one GeeBee dolls house. 

How delightfully whacky this is!

Thanks Jill for allowing us to take a peek at your pics. 
Celia


7 comments:

elizabeth s said...

ILOVE IT!!!
I'm sure that it opens up the conversation with the customers right away, and puts them in a good mood to shop too! :D

Carrie said...

Well, now I know how to make more room for future builds.

Robin said...

Now that is mad!!! But in a great way.
Rx

Dada's dollhouse said...

Due to lack of space, my mother suggested me to hang my dollhouse to the ceiling... It’s not too bad!!

Giac said...

Hello Celia,
What a fun idea. It is a terrific way to save space.
Big hug
Giac

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. Hanging old dolls houses from the ceiling certainly seems a brilliant space saving solution for dolls house collectors. However, I would feel a little nervous standing directly underneath, there would always be that "what if" thought going through my head!!!

At Christmas I visited a local old National Trust stately home dressed beautifully in Christmas decorations. Most of it was decorated as it would have been in times gone by. But they had a contemporary display idea of hanging vintage cutlery from the ceiling down the whole length of a corridor. I could not get down the corridor fast enough....as I had visions of a fork or knife dropping on our heads!!!! :) Celia

jenann said...

Stuff the clothes - I'd be asking for a long step ladder to play with the houses!