Monday 27 November 2017

KT Miniatures To Remain Closed For A Few More Days...

My huge apologies to everyone who have been waiting patiently for their order to be dispatched or processed, and to all of you who have emailed orders or enquiries and still not received a response. As you can see from the message that was hurriedly put up on my website a few days ago, I have been and still am currently closed. 

On the evening of Saturday the 18th November I got a phone call that every parent would dread. I was told that my 22 year old daughter had collapsed suddenly whilst staying with friends for the weekend,  and was advised to get to Birmingham Hospital asap, which was nearly 70 miles away.  She was seriously ill. 

For reasons unknown and without any warning her heart just suddenly stopped. I will always be indebted to the two medical students who just happened to be in the same room at the party, who between them kept up CPR on Kate until the paramedics arrived. I will also be indebted to the paramedics who had to shock her twice to get her heart started properly. We have since been told that only 5% of people survive Adult Sudden Death Syndrome. These amazing people saved her life. 

The past few days have been traumatic and shocking for us. 

But along with the wonderful efforts and help from the doctors and nurses at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, (plus I think a little help from "him upstairs" too),  Kate has managed to battle through adversity and survive. And although she has had to have an ICD fitted (the doctors lovingly call it a "Shock Box") in case it ever happens again, we have now been able to bring her home to recuperate. She still has a way to go yet before she can get back to normal life, but we have much to be thankful for.

So whilst I help her get through the immediate recovery part of the op' this week, KT Miniatures will have to remain closed for a little longer. 

I hope to open again for business at the end of the week, and will give priority to all outstanding orders and enquiries, before I then begin listing some rather lovely miniatures to the website. Thank you for your understanding and patience. 
CeliaX

4 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Celia,
Your daughter is in my prayers and I will be thinking of you and your family. I hope she makes a complete recovery. Be strong my friend.
Big hug
Giac

Megan Schetsche said...

Dear Celia
What an upsetting thing to happen! My thoughts are with your daughter, and your whole family as you sort this out and adapt. I hope things return to normal for all of you soon.
Megan

Юлия said...

Oh, Celia! You had to go through very difficult days. I sincerely sympathize with you and your daughter. For the mother, it's so scary. Health of your daughter! Hugs, Julia

KT Miniatures said...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. My daughter is steadily improving. Celia